Blogmas, Day 18: Learn Korean Christmas Phrases

Korean themed Blogmas post since I'm a blogger living in Korea at the moment. So are you ready to learn a little big of Korean? 

The Korean alphabet is similar to ours in English, so I am able to spell my name out in Korean and other English words phonetically. For example

ㅋ = k
ㅔ= e
ㄹ= l
ㅣ= E

= 켈리 = Kelly

It's a bit hard to explain, but easy when you first start learning it. Anyways, here are some Korean Christmas words.

1. Merry Christmas 메리 크리스마스 
Pronounced: Meh-Re Kuh-Re-Su-Ma-Su

2. Warm Wishes 행운을 빌며
Pronounced: Heng-oon-ul beel-me-yo

3. Have a Happy New Year 행복한 새해 되세요
Pronounced: Heng-Bock-Han Say-hay Doh-Eh-Say-Oh

I hope you learned a little something here, haha foreign languages are great and it's nice to share with you all a little Korean.


Happy Blogmas,

Kelly












Comments

  1. This is amazing! I wouldn't even know where to start learning a language that doesn't use the English alphabet. It's such a great achievement to even do the little things! I still think I'd be petrified of offending someone by pronouncing it wrong though. Lovely post idea x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be breaking my tongue over trying to pronounce these all morning now. Great post though! Love learning new languages, even if it’s just a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was definitely a fun read! Love this! It’s exciting learning new languages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!! Good luck learning korean, I've tried a few times before!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Languages are something I'm terrible at i wish i had the capacity to know another language!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I was terrible at learning languages in school but as I love to travel I find it so important to pick up some phrases! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to learn Korean, but because all the characters are different it's so hard! Cute post though!

    LoneTeenTraveller | Travel Fashion Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts