Blogmas, Day 10: Top 5 Christmas Movies

I don't know about you, but I love Christmas movies. One of my favourite past times is flicking through the TV and finding a Christmas movie that's about to start. They always help me get into the Christmas spirit. My top 5 favourite Christmas movies are:

1) Love Actually, 2003
Who doesn't love this movie? It's my all time favourite, and I love it when they air it on TV. The movie shows the lives of eight different people, and how they handle their love lives. Some of them are really sweet and cute, while others aren't *cough* Alan Rickman *cough*. My favourite couple is Jamie Bennett (Colin Firth) and Aurelia.

2) Home Alone, 1990
Definitely my childhood number 1. I still love it now. It's about an 8 year old kid Kevin who gets left behind at Christmas. His parents and the whole family go on vacation. Kevin has to protect his whole house from burglars. In the end, even though he was able to survive on his own, he still needed his family.

3) The Santa Claus, 1994
I always wanted to be one of the elves when I was a kid! Who doesn't want to fly? This movie definitely brought out the true spirit of Santa Claus. It made me believe in Santa more, and I hoped that he would come down my chimney, even though I didn't have one!

4) The Polar Express, 2004
A beautifully made movie! The story was so sweet and my favourite part was when the boy and girl sang "When Christmas Comes to Town". It's one of the Christmas songs I frequently sing. It's a great movie about friendship and also the spirit of Christmas.

5) Micky's Christmas Carol, 1983
A Christmas Carol is one of my favourite stories!!! I love Scrooge. I watched this animation long after it was released and it was great. It's my favourite retelling of the story.

Christmas movies are great, (apart from Die Hard, so sick of this being on every year!!!).

What are your favourite Christmas movies?

Happy Blogmas,

Kelly



Comments

  1. Home Alone is my all time favourite, it’s part of my Christmas traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really lovely idea for a post! I'm actually not that big on Christmas movies, but I also haven't watched many of the ones you've recommended. They're going on my watch list! Thank you! ❤
    Marta @thecursedbooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Polar Express is probably my favorite Christmas movie of all time ! It makes me so happy every time I see it and puts me in the most Christmas spirit! Great list of movies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fav is elf closely followed by the polar express ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these! And they're on my list every year -never get tired of them :)! I also just lovelovelove "Snowman", an animation from the 80's. That one I always watch in the morning on Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are all so great. I'm definitely going to watch some of those!!

    Maud
    www.mypassionprojects.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices! My favourites are The Grinch, Miracle on 34th Street and It's a wonderful life!

    LoneTeenTraveller | Travel Fashion Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts