A New Year!

It's that time of year again when we reflect on the year just ending, and create goals and resolutions for the year ahead. Last year, my resolutions were pretty small, I find that making smaller goals helps  you to achieve them and feel less like a failure or whatever feeling you might feel if you don't reach them.

My 2017 goal was to venture out of my comfort zone and try new things. Also, I wanted to become a better person and forgive those who have done me wrong.
I'd like to say that I achieved them, and I guess I have! I feel that I could have done more with these goals. This year, as mentioned in my reflections post, I have done many new things, like driving around the country, hiking the tallest mountain in Korea, traveling to new countries and also learning how to knit. The latter goal was kind of achieved, I forgave those who have done me wrong, and have contacted them via social media to try and rekindle some sort of friendship. All apart from one person, who I will never forgive (that defeats the purpose of my goal...haha). 

2017 was a great one, I genuinely loved it, and think that the good times outweighed the bad. I tried not to dwell on the bad and focused more on the positive aspects of my year. So far, it has worked out great. 

So, for my 2018 goals, I hope to continue the goals I started in 2017, as well as these:

1. Spend less money! 
In 2017, I spent a lot of money, as well as saving 50% of my wedding fund! I want to stop buying useless things, and only buy what I need (apart from beauty products, which I love). 

2. Blog more
At the end of 2017, I blogged more than I have ever done. However, in the new year, I want to continue this and blog at least twice a week, whether it's about my day to day life, travel or reviewing beauty products and restaurants. I want to develop connections with other bloggers and read more blog posts, too. 

3. Speak to my family more 













As I live away from my home country, I found that I don't talk to my family as often as I should. I want to at least speak to them via messenger or WhatsApp every day even if it's just a good morning. 

4. Have more ME time
It doesn't generally mean spending time alone, but time to do the things I want instead of doing things other people do. Don't follow the sheep as they say. 

5. Get up early and do more with my day
I'm a lazy pig, so I stay in bed until the last minute before work. I want to wake up early and do more with my day such as walking my dog, to going to coffee shops and run errands before I have to go to work. 

What do you think? Do you think these are doable? I will go into 2018 with a positive mind, and a can-do attitude! 

난 할수 있어!!! I can do it! 

Happy New Year, and I hope the rest of the year is a great one for you, and that you will be happy. 

See you next year!


Kelly 

Comments

  1. Such a lovely, upbeat post. I’m glad you were able to forgive people that have done you wrong. You at least deserve the peace of mind... Great goals! Getting up early has worked wonders for me. 😊 I hope you have an amazing NYE and 2018!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, forgiving was the hardest challenge I had to do. There’s only one person who I cant forgive just yet.

      Delete
  2. I think you have a great list here and absolutely doable too. More me time is always good and brings better quality time with the ones you spend the rest of your time with :).

    Happy new year and see you next year 😚!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely more me time is a must! I find it hard saying no to people, so this year, I will do that and enjoy things I want to do :)

      Delete
  3. My goal for this year is also to spend less money, I may have gone a bit spend crazy this year! I wish you all the best with your goals and resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a hard resolution!! I spend way too much!

      Delete
  4. You had a truly amazing year and I believe you can achieve your goals in 2018, Kelly!

    화이팅!

    Frertsu
    https://kirakiratsu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)!
      It was a great year, and I hope this one will be just as great!

      Delete
  5. Seems like you have had a fabulous year Kelly. Hopefully you will achieve all that you have set out to do next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have had a fabulous 2017, its great that you look at the positives instead of the negatives. Good luck for 2018!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts