Skin Food's Salmon Sheet Mask


What the frijigajig? A salmon sheet mask? Okay, so I saw this in Skin Food and thought it was a strange ingredient. This mask contains salmon egg extract at 27mg. Salmon is super high in omega 3. Most people take supplements to help with their brain function and other medical problems like arthritis and dementia. People also take it to help with skin and hair problems. This mask is supposed to help with dryness and helps brighten dull skin, which I can see working since salmon eggs are pretty oily!


The mask felt super baggy! Although it's the same size as the other Skin Food masks. I think the reason for this is because the mask wasn't saturated with essence. When I opened the pack, the essence pooled at the bottom. There was over a tablespoon of essence in the bottom so, I assume the cotton sheet didn't soak it all up; it also felt dryer than most masks too. Maybe I just opened a duff pack, I have one more to try again.

Surprisingly, there wasn't a fishy smell! When I read the name of the mask, I thought it would have some sort of fishy smell; luckily it didn't. Ew that would be gross.

So, my face was pretty dry before I used the mask. I'm been using the Olive Young, Jeju Deep Peeling Pad, and it dried my face out pretty bad. Also, the weather has gone super cold here, so I thought it would be a perfect mask to try out. As stated earlier, the mask is supposed to help with dryness and help brighten the skin.

It didn't really help with dryness, or do anything for brightness. I'm pretty sure it's due to the lack of essence left on the mask. I've never seen so much essence left in the packet. Maybe I should have poured it back onto the mask, or smeared it on, but really, I just wanted to shove it on with little effort.

A very disappointing mask, and I definitely won't be buying this one again.

What do you think about "salmon eggs" being a beauty ingredient?

Happy Masking!

Kelly

Comments

  1. What an odd ingredient! I'm surprised it didn't smell like fish really. Not something I would normally buy and I'm glad you didn't like it, at least now I don't have to purchase it myself X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad it wasn’t fishy! I don’t think it would have been an enjoyable mask if it was. :)

      Delete
  2. I eat a lot of salmon and my first thought was that I rather continue doing that than put salmon on my face. Clearly that is the better way to enjoy and get the benefits of salmon after reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Salmon is better as food rather than "skin food'.

      Delete
  3. Unusual mask! Does it smell nice? I wouldnt like to try salmon eggs as a beauty product lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn’t smell of anything which was strange. I thought it would have some sort of fish smell, since they claimed to be using real salmon eggs!

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of a skin mask with that as an ingredient?! How strange haha. It's a shame it turned out to be no good and a bit of a waste of time :(

    Amy,
    https://creativenails.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit disappointing, hopefully other masks from the range are better :).

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a really odd mask haha, I can't believe after all that it didn't do anything either! It definitely sounds like the beneficial part of it was left in the pack :/ maybe it was past its sell by date or something!?
    Alice Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The date was fine and I bought it not long ago 😩. Maybe it was just the kind of serum thingy on it.

      Delete
  6. Awe it's a shame it was dispointing! The idea of fish on my face doesn't sound the most lovely but I was hoping it would be some kind of magic mask that did wonders :(

    Morgan 🎄‏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if they changed the name to Omega 3 it would be more appealing. The brand had a whole range of ‘food masks’.

      Delete
  7. I was also thinking the Omega 3 might be the main ingredient. Super disappointing that it wasn't very beneficial. Thank you for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might have worked if all the serum was on the mask. Next time, I’ll try and pour it back on from the pack!

      Delete
  8. I'm curious to know, did it smell terrible? I can't imagine rubbing fish on my face haha. Such a strange ingredient, but at the same time, I can see how it can be beneficial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly no. I’m not sure how they got the smell out of the salmon eggs. I’m glad they did or it wouldn’t have been pleasant!

      Delete
  9. I love masks!! Too bad this one was disappointing for you but I must say, a salmon mask is super bizarre.

    Great Review! Keep up the work.

    www.itsmiraclewhip.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts