Skin Food Horse Fat Sheet Mask

Horse fat! Ew! That's what I thought when I saw this in Skin Food. I wasn't going to buy it, but the shop assistant said it was a very good mask. It was 1000won for the mask, but there was a 10+10 deal, so I bought 10 and got 10 free. 

The ingredients contain real horse fat. Horse is a popular food in Asia, and it's commonly eaten on the Island of Jeju. It tastes pretty good too! I don't have any problems with eating horse or using parts of the horse in beauty products, as long as they were killed humanely. 

So, the benefits of this mask is that it is hydrating, plumping, firming and softening. In Asia, horse fat has been used for years and it is high in alpha Linolenic acid (Omega3) which humans don't produce. According to Skinfood, it's similar to the oil we produce on our skin and doesn't leave the skin feeling oily. 

The mask is a thin cotton and is soaked in essence. The essence is a white creamy colour, and there's a lot of it. The smell is a bit like goat milk shower gel and smells pretty nice. I can definitely smell it while on, but it's not overpowering at all. 

Here's the picture before I used the mask. My face is red and so oily! I always get oily skin nowadays, and it's a huge contribution to the spots I get and the clogged pores. It's probably all the different products I use though. I enjoy masking and trying products too much to stop it though. 

The mask is an OK fit. It drops a little around the chin area and also doesn't reach the top of my huge forehead. The bridge of the nose area has a huge gap, so the mask doesn't reach that part. Luckily, I used a sheet mask cover to keep the mask in place. The silicone cover is a god send. It really keeps the mask on and helps keep the moisture from evaporating. 

How to Use
1. Cleanse your face with your normal cleanser. 
2. Apply Toner. 
3. Put on the mask and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. (I always leave mine on for way longer than that, about an hour...I feel that 10-15 minutes is too short, and a waste of essence!). 
4. Remove the mask and pat in the remaining essence. 


Here are the before and after pictures. The mask reduced the redness a little and definitely reduced the shine. I didn't any difference in pluming for firming. It definitely felt softening but, my face felt oily and sticky after patting in the remaining essence. It felt oily the morning after too. 

This mask is OK, I like it, but I just wish it wouldn't leave my face feeling super oily. 

Kelly

Comments

  1. Not even every horse lover should actually own a horse. Horses are a huge time commitment, as well as a huge emotional and financial commitment. horsescout.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts