Skin Food Centella Asiatica Sheet Mask


A sheet mask for those who have "troubled" skin. Acne and spots to the rest of us folk in the western world. This mask is supposed to be great for smoothing and calming down spotty skin. So, Centella Asiatica is a perennial herb and is also known as goth kola. It's pretty common in Asia and is used for a variety of things from medicinal to beauty. According to Live Strong, it has so many benefits such as improving circulation, wound healing, anxiety...eczema...etc. 

My skin is "troubled". I break out often and I have super red cheeks. I thought it was due to the masking, and other things I use on my face, but I went through a period of no masking, only cleansing and moisturising with no results. Then, I started to mask daily, and continue with the same evening routine and the spots are becoming less frequent. 

How to use
1. Wash your face with your usual cleanser
2. Apply Toner
3. Put on the mask for 15-20 minutes (I left it on for 30)
4. Pat the rest of the essence into your face


The mask is a thin cotton and it didn't feel as wet as other masks. Most of the essence was in the packet, there was about a tablespoon left in there. I applied the extra essence on my face before I applied the mask though. The mask was an OK fit, I applied it a bit off, so my nose was exposed.  

So, the mask has a slight minty smell to it, kind of like tea tree but milder. As soon as it touched my face, it started burning around my cheeks. The burning subsided and it turned into a mild tingle. It felt like when you put toothpaste on a pimple. There was a slight cooling feeling with this mask, too. 

I didn't notice any differences, it didn't calm my face at all. In fact it made it go super red, possibly due to the burning and tingling. However, my face did feel plumper, and it like I had a face massage. 

It totally helped reduce the oil on my skin, and didn't feel tacky when patted in. However, I don't think it did anything for my spots. 

Happy Masking!

Kelly

Comments

Popular Posts