Choosy Lip Mask (Honey)


This is my first ever lip mask! I've seen them sold all over Korea, along with the under the eye, and smile line masks. I've been wanting to try it, but always opted for sheet masks instead. When I went into Artbox, I saw this for 1000W (less than £1) and though, why not, it looks cool and I'll probably have super soft lips after. 
So, this Choosy lip mask is in the "flavour" of honey. It has hyaluronic acid and a vitamin E collagen which helps to plump up your lips and moisturise. They have other "flavours" too, such as milk and peach. What do people call the "favours" of masks? It's obviously not flavour as you can't eat it...


The mask comes in a separate plastic envelope and there's very little essence on it. It also has a very faint honey smell. The texture is gelatinous, like the hydro gel masks you get for your face and is much bigger than your mouth. You can cut it to only cover your mouth, but I'm lazy. The feeling is pretty cool, and also feels like you can eat it. I wouldn't try it though as it tasted pretty weird when I licked my lips after.


It felt super tingly when on my lips, and felt cool to the touch too. I kept it on for the full 30 minutes; I didn't lie down while using it and it never fell off surprisingly. The mask felt like those "plumping" lip glosses you get. You can't talk, eat, drink...with it on. Some people have suggested cutting a hole in the middle of it, but that would look pretty weird!
The lip mask was pretty disappointing for me though. It didn't do anything. My lips were still cracked and I definitely never saw any plumping action. They did feel tingly afterwards.
There are so many other brands to choose from and I'll give those ago next.


Have you tried these kind of masks for your lips?

Happy Masking,

Kelly

Comments

  1. Bummer it didn't work like it should have. Never tried a lip mask, didn't even think those were a thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may need to send you some masks for you to try haha :)!

      Delete
  2. Oh! This lip mask looks pretty fun to use. It's shame that it didn't do much though, I guess most beauty products these days won't unless you keep using them.

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of lip masks! I wouldn't have thought they'd be very practical (judging from your photos, haha). TBH I think I'd just stick to gently rubbing my dry lips with an old toothbrush and piling on an intensive lip balm. I guess it was fun to try though :)

    Lisa | www.lisasnotebook.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen these before but never used them. It looks a bit freaky when on.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve never even thought of using a lip mask - looks so strange but so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried but I really would like to, it looks so weird :D! Too bad it didn't have any effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I've never heard of lip masks before looks really interesting though x

    LoneTeenTraveller | Travel Fashion Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never even heard of a lip mask. How cool and weird at the same time lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never tried a lip mask before just lots of blams . I love K beauty it really is streets ahead of the uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought of picking these exact masks up at somepoint but I never got round to it. It's a shame it didn't work out for you though, but as you said there are so many to choose from that I'm sure you'll find one that works for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts