Review of 2016

2016 has been a series of ups and downs like any other year for most folk. The year started quite nice, with a celebration at Gyeongpo beach and fireworks. Although, my friend lost her favourite gloves! It was a great night of fireworks and ramyeon.


For me, 2016 has been a great year. There are so many things to look back on and appreciate.

This year, I have met some new people and have built strong relationships with some folk here in Korea.
One of my biggest highlights this year has been learning to drive and buying a car, which has been totally out of my comfort zone. The other biggest highlight was getting Monroe. I got him on February 24th! He has been welcomed into my life and is here to stay. I love him so much. Although, not his snoring! Last night, he woke David and I due to his snoring! It was so loud. 


I've also been learning photography and quite enjoying it too.

My mum also visited Korea back in April and David's brother visited in September.
I also ventured to Japan which was so fun and got to see my friend Lina. 
I also got two new tattoos this year, one of a totoro and the other Korean writing which says '난 항구 있서' - 'I can do it'.


Additionally, I tried to conquer my fear of heights by climbing up Ulsan Bawi Rock in Sokcho. I didn't do it, but I tried.



The best of the best was spending it with Stinky Baws. Aka. David. He has been my rock. 




This New Years Eve, I am spending it with David and Nashwin, my coworker and friend. We are staying in a pension (private 2 bedroom house) in Pyeongchang, the home of the Winter Olympics. It makes a change from staying at home.
I also drove for the first time on the expressway, which was so scary!

In 2017, I hope to travel more, try venture out of my comfort zone and try new things. I also hope to become a better person and forgive those who have done me wrong.

There were times this year which weren't too great but, the good things definitely outweigh the bad.

I hope everyone reading this have had a great year and I hope the next year will be great too.


It's now 9.30pm and I am in my pyjamas, ready for bed! I will hold out for the bells though. 



"Should Old Acquaintance be forgot,

and never thought upon;
The flames of Love extinguished,
and fully past and gone:
Is thy sweet Heart now grown so cold,
that loving Breast of thine;
That thou canst never once reflect
On old long syne."

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts