Basil, beetroot leaves and rocket pesto recipe



Pesto! My ultimate favourite sauce. My favourite is the sundried tomato pesto, but I haven't figured out how to make that yet. I'm hoping that next year I can get to sun drying tomatoes in the garden. This year, I grew some basil, my favourite herb. I didn't want to add it to tomato pasta again so used most of the leaves to make my own pesto. 
Most pestos use pine nuts, but they are crazy expensive here. 20,000W for a small bag in Emart. I couldn't justify paying it. 
Pesto can be made using any kind of leaves really. The Sacla brand usually has the basil and rocket pestos. 
I made mine using basil leaves, beetroot leaves and rocket leaves. I also grew the beetroot leaves and bought the rocket leaves. 
Here comes the recipe. 

 Ingredients



1 cup basil leaves
1 cup, chopped beetroot leaves
1 1/2 cup chopped rocket
1/2 cup olive oil
1tsp salt and pepper
1 tsp Korean Gochugaru powder 
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
3 cloves chopped garlic

Method


1. Place all ingredients into a food processor. Blitz for about 1 minute or until there are no large chunks.



2. Add more oil if it's not to the right consistency, it should be slightly runny but not overly runny. 
3. Serve with pasta! 
I served mine with linguine and chicken.




Enjoy! 

Comments

Popular Posts