Vietnam, Day 3 Exploring Marble Mountain, Lady Buddha And A Boat

Back to my Vietnam posts, although it's been a few weeks since I've been, I'm still trying to catch up with posts and vlogs. The great thing about blogs is that there is no deadline to write posts. So let's get right back to it, and start talking about day 3 in Vietnam.
The best thing about the hotel I stayed at was they had private taxi's or tours for a really decent price. It was only $30 for a ride to see some sites. On this day, David and I took a private taxi to Marble Mountain and Lady Bhuddah.
At breakfast, we ate so much food. I'm not sure how we managed to fit it all in. I had the beef pho for breakfast, as well as fruit and also dessert which was some strawberry cake. It was a great way to start the day.
After breakfast, we ventured to Marble Mountain which took about an hour to get to from the hotel as it was in Da Nang. To start, the driver took us to a marble shop owned by his friend. I'm not a fan when they do this, as they obviously get a cut in commission. I was more reluctant to buy anything because it was before going up the mountain, why would I want to buy something before I see the place?


To get to Marble Mountain, you have to grab the elevator to the first 'floor' and it is pretty high. You could walk it but it's quite far. There's a small fee for the elevator but I'm unsure what that price is. I had jelly legs at the top. There were a few things to see like monuments and statues. There were a lot of stairs to go to the top, and there was also a cave. The cave was so cool! There was one part where you had a vertical climb through a hole in the ceiling. It's not good for people who can't climb!
At the top of the cave, you get a spectacular view of the sea and surrounding areas. On the way down there was another cave which had a shrine or some Buddhist thing.


After Marble Mountain, we went to Lady Bhuddah which is a huge statue of a bhuddist statue. It was really cool but we didn't stay long as ther wasn't much to see apart from some old house and some bonsai trees.

We spent most of our day in Hoi An and even rode one of those boats. The lady that took us was really sweet. She didn't speak and ounce of English. It costed around 200VND for a ride but you could obviously haggle. On the ride, the lady offers you candles in a boat thing. You have no choice but to pay for it. Well you could say no, but it's easiest to just pay and enjoy the ride.


Just as we were getting off, the sun was setting and the whole of the river front looked beautiful. We ate some dinner Andy just chilled in Hoi An. Also, we bought gifts and ventured the night market. I bought this super cute necklace with a grain of rice inside. The grain of rice has my name in Korean written on it. I love it!


It was a great day and we ended it by going to a pub, chilling and playing pool!

'till next time,

Kelly

Comments

  1. The marble mountain sounds so cool. I would love to visit. The lady Buddha is also something I would want to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an amazing day, the idea of a hotel taxi that gets you to the sights is great. I really like your photo of the boat, so pretty 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)! Yah the hotel were amazing with transport!

      Delete
  3. These photos are incredible PLEASE make them bigger! Your photos blow me away, I need to see them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try, in the mean time there is an expand option.

      Delete
  4. I love visiting places like that, with statues and scenery - and hate when you get taken into shops haha... I never know how to refuse politely.
    By the way, I love your photography, especially the portraits! And how cute is that rice necklace?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally don’t know how to refuse either! The rice necklace was soo cute! I’ve lost it now though haha!

      Delete
  5. wow.. everytime I read your blogs about Vietnam.. it makes me more and more tempted towards booking a trip there! I've always wanted to travel and explore South-east Asia.. haven't done that even though I am from India.. haha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! You shook definitely do it. I’d love to visit India!

      Delete
  6. This all looks amazing. I'd love to go to Vietnam. Those mountains are breathtaking 😍 x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like such an amazing trip Kelly. I wouldn't like being made to go to a shop especially at the start of your day out.


    www.beautyreviewsandbargains.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It was so weird! But hey I said no to buying stuff ^^

      Delete
  8. The photos look awesome! Thanks for sharing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you had so much fun and I love the necklace you got! I'd love to visit some day!- https://sophiehearts.net x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to visit Vietnam more and more after your posts! They are so interesting and informative and your photos... omg, they are STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I would love to go see Vietnam you have me really wanting to go on an adventure

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts