메리 크리스마스! Merry Christmas from Korea!

Hello!
Merry Christmas to all of those I know and those who are passing by reading my blog :]! I hope you have all had an amazing day, filled with love. I love Christmas. It's my favourite holiday. I love spending time with the people I love and eating copious amounts of food. 
This year, David and I hosted Christmas, for the first time. It's our first Christmas in Korea, and we had 6 others who joined us. 
Sadly, I'm sick. So I couldn't really enjoy it as much as I would have. David did most of the cooking. He peeled my potatoes (he hates potatoes), I shoved them in the oven. I put meat in the slow cooker...he made soup, prawn cocktail, all of the veggies and even fresh bread rolls. What a star! 

The Christmas festivities started a week before Christmas. My work had a Christmas party, Korean style! There was so much food! 
Bossam, japchae, snow crab....so good! 

Team waegooks + Heather. 

Avalon Family! 

Then a few days before Christmas, my Mum's parcel came. Full of goodies! 


On Christmas eve, all of the staff had to wear red, green or white. A Christmassy theme. I transformed into Rudolf ^-^! 

David transformed into a very gnome like Santa! 

Ho Ho Ho! Rudolf and Santa ^-^! 

The Avalon team! Photo, taken on Christmas Eve at school. 

Then on Christmas day! Since David and I were hosting it, we had to get up super early to prepare. Well, David had to. I'm pretty sick, chesty cough, and snotty nose. Yak. The alarm went at 7am, and the meat went in to slow cook. I went back to bed until 10.30am. I woke to find him busy making bread. 

We opened out gifts. I got a new coat a few backs from David. The winters here can be pretty nasty. He also bought me a few stocking fillers. Cute socks, slippers, pyjama's and a bunch of cute stationary. 
He got a spanking new LG tablet laptop. 

Our apartment is pretty small for 8 people. We had to dismantle the bed and keep it in our spare room. We borrowed tables and chairs from our school.

Not a bad table. Just missing Christmas crackers though. 

To start! The usual at a Christmas table. Prawn cocktail. 

Soup! Lentil and Bacon.

Main...yeah, we went a tad overboard. Pork, slow cooked with cola. Bacon and garlic brussels, pork and persimmon stuffing, broccoli, honey carrots, roasties, mash, baked sweet potato, yorkshire pudding and sausage in blankets. 

For dessert, we had a mix of things. Cheese board, a fruitish salad and another pudding from Karina. Panettone and her balls from Rebecca. 


We were stuffed. I wish I wasn't sick though :'[! 
Christmas was fun this year :]! Next year though it'll be a quiet one! 

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas :]!


Kelly

Comments

Popular Posts