Ask Ajumma: An Expat Friendly Takeaway Service

Hi! 
Ask Ajumma! Have you heard of it? I first heard of this service from LiveLearnVenture before I came to Korea! But now, it seems like they are being advertised everywhere. I've had a pretty rough week, sleep wise. I'm tired a lot, mostly due to over sleeping or not getting any sleep at all. 
I've been dying to try out this Ask Ajumma service for a while. I've finally bought a Korean phone (Haaaaallelujah) and signed up to KakaoTalk! 

KakaoTalk is a Korean version of Whatsapp. You add the ID: Askajumma and they send you a response straight away!


I messaged them asking how the service works. They replied within a few minutes which is pretty awesome. I have no idea if they have real people answering the messages or if it's a robot. 


You ask them for delivery. They respond by checking your address, just incase you're on a remote island or rural place. 

Luckily, I'm not in a weird area. I have many different restaurants near me that do delivery. I asked AskAjumma for Bossam which is pork, check my food list

They then confirm a price, which was 30,000 won for a medium sized meal. You accept the order and they send you to another website to register with bank details. I had to use my UK debit card, I have no idea how to use my Korean visa card online. It keeps directing me to a Korean safety page. I'll figure it out at some point.

AskAjumma also asks you to send a copy of your address from a utility bill. Just incase you give the wrong one. 

Once you've paid, they send you a confirmation email, aswell as a message! Awesome! 
The bossam was delivered in less than 30 minutes. It was pretty amazing. 




Tasty! 

AskAjumma only operates during the hours of 10am to 8pm. Check out their website!! 


Kelly

Comments

Popular Posts