The Ultimate Snack!



So, this is me trying bondegi. Bondegi is a "snack" you  sometimes get given at restaurants. You can purchase these at various street stalls/markets.
Bondegi is basically silk worm pupae. So, a cocoon. Here is a close up:



I must admit, I was so scared to try it. It made the whole experience worse! The outside was slightly crunchy but also soft as if biting into a boiled beetle (not that I know what that tastes like either). Then all these juices start oozing out as you bite into it.

I can't really comment on taste. I was more psyched up about the fact it was an insect to notice the taste. I think what creeped me out the most was that it looked like a wasp..or Kakuna from Pokemon.

Have you tried it?! ^0^!

Comments

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts