A Quarter of a Century

I turned 25 on the 23rd July. A quarter of a century as some would say. I don't feel old at all. When I was younger, I always thought 25 was old. I've not done much with my life. I've done the usual things like completing university but not much more. I don't even have a graduate job. It's a completely different life to the one my Mother had when she was 25. My Mother gave birth to me and ran a business with my Father. They had a takeaway, which was quite successful if I remember correctly. They also ran their own restaurant at one point. 

On my 25th birthday, I spent the morning in Namco arcades, winning tickets for a minion toy. My life could not be any different from the one my mother had back then! David then cooked me a three course meal. We would usually go out for dinner, but we were going for Korean food the day after. 

For our starter, we had a goats cheese, beetroot (home grown) and rocket salad. The goats cheese was grilled, and the beetroot was marinated in red wine vinegar, olive oil, sugar, and thyme leaves. The recipe can be found here. It was such a lovely dish. 


For our mains, we had spicy lamb cutlets. sliced potatoes and lemon cabbage. I've not had lamb cutlets in a long time and it was so good. The recipe can be found here

And for dessert we had key lime pie. I love key lime pie! It's one of my favourite desserts. The base is made out of hob nobs and butter and the middle is made using mostly condensed milk, double cream and limes. 

I was definitely spoilt! I even got new shoes, a pair of colourful Rocket Dogs. 

My favourite kid of birthday is spent with David, my family and food! 

Comments

Popular Posts