MERS Virus in Korea

Hello. 
So, recently I have had a blog comment which was pretty condescending. I don't mind people pointing me to news stories, but "advising to think carefully", "personally they wouldn't go". Don't people realise I am an adult, and can make my own choices without someone being so  condescending? I'm pretty sure I know exactly who this person commenting is going from the location that was logged at the time. 

I was already aware of the MERS virus in Korea which popped up on my news feed at the end of May. Of course I thought about not going. But nothing more was said on the matter until today, where a fifth person has died. 

Yes hundreds of schools have shut. But at this present time the MERS virus is contained within the hospital. 
"So far, all the MERS cases have been hospital-associated, and there has been no case of an infection in other social settings. We think we have a chance at putting the outbreak under total control," Sky News

At this present time there is no need to worry. However if things do start to become "pandemic" we will rethink our plans. 

I am an adult and have thought about this situation and I am monitoring it through news feeds. Please let me make my own decisions and stop writing such condescending comments. 

Comments

Popular Posts