Thai Phad Kraprow Nuea Recipe

Hello.
One of my favourite cuisines is Thai! My favourite Thai place is in a place called Aberdeen Market, called Madame Mews. My favourite dish of theirs is Phad Kraprow Beef. It's so flavoursome, and just so good. Really cheap too. I really wanted to make my own, so I did a bit of a google search, and made up a recipe of my own from various other recipes. 



Ingredients
750g Pack of Beef Mince 
1 Medium Onion, diced
3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 large red chilli, chopped
1 Large handful of basil leaves (Thai basil if you can, if not normal basil works fine)
1 Lime
1 pack of Mangetout or Green beans
2 Tbsp Thai Fish Sauce
2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
1 Pack of Oyster Sauce (The stirfry packs) 
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp oil

Method
1. Heat the oil until hot, then fry the onions and garlic.
2. Fry the mince along with the onions and garlic until all of it has browned. 
3. Add the chilli, basil, mangetout. Cook for around 3 minutes.
4. Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Mix well. 
5. Squeeze in lime juice from a whole lime. 
6. Cook for around 20 minutes on low-medium heat. 

This is a very simple dish, packed full of flavour with a slight kick from the chilli's. Serve this dish with rice. 

This version came pretty close to the version at Madame Mews. I'm so glad I learned how to make this dish as it will be a favourite for years to come!! 

I hope you enjoy this recipe.

'till next time, 

Comments

Popular Posts