Amarone Aberdeen Review

Hello.
I had the pleasure of meeting my friend for lunch today. We decided to try a place called Amarone. 
My experience at first wasn't so great. I was greeted by a guy, who I assume to be the manager. He seemed to be annoyed by the fact I made him stop what he was doing to seat me. 
I was served quickly by the polite male waiter, who got me a drink. 

They offered a lunch/early dinner deal where you can get two courses for £13.95 which we both opted for. It was a bit stupid to see four things on that menu with a supplement on top (why add it to this menu in the first place?) 

For starters I had the Parfait di Pollo. Basically Chicken liver parfait with an apple and thyme chutney. It was lovely. It was served with three crustini's. It wasn't enough, but I'm greedy. There was too much parfait for the amount of crustini. 
Sadly, I felt a bit rushed to eat this. My friend finished hers, and the waiter came and asked if we were finished even though I was still chewing. I let him take it because I ran out of crustini and felt like a pig eating just the parfait. 
My friend had the cappasente e gamberoni. Which was seared scallops and tiger prawns. You also had to pay a £3 supplement. I'm pretty sure they'd make a profit without the supplement. Bit stupid. 

For my main, I had the Branzino alla Griglia which was grilled fillet of seabass with basil mashed potato and a garlic & chive cream. This was lovely. The skin was crisp with a very tasty mash underneath. But there was way too much cream which ruined seabass. 

My friend had the sirloin which had a £5 supplement. Crazy. I could get a sirloin in weatherspoons without a supplement!! It's not like it was a fillet steak ya know? But it was tasty none the less. 

Altogether with drinks was £40.80. 
It was a nice place for lunch. Food was nice but some of the staff are a bit rude. No one said bye to us, or thanked us for dining with them, even though we said bye to the dude by the computer. He ignored us. 

I'd go back again in future, but wouldn't exactly rush back. 

4/5 hearts. 

'till next time 

Comments

Popular Posts