家庭 (Family)

Hello. 
It's nearing the end of the October holidays in Scotland. Yatai were closed for two weeks along side the school holidays, so David and I got to spend quite a bit of time together. We spent our last week in Newcastle where we got to visit my relatives who were visiting from Singapore. 
I haven't seen my Aunty Karen since 2011, when she last visited with Ollie and Georgie.

My Aunty Karen (AK for short) and Uncle Matt (UM), came to see me for the day in Edinburgh back in 2011, sadly I lost the photos! I just tried to find them on my blog but they've got error messages on them now :[! Ollie must have only been 2/3 and Millie around 1. They are now 5 and 4! With an addition of Millie who's now 2! 

I was only back in Newcastle for 4 days, and saw the three minions all 4 days ^_^! So happy. 
We met them, and my AK in a buffet restaurant called ZaZa Bazaar. The waiting staff were absolutely useless! The food was good, there was a big selection of food, and a lot of it they cook to order. Kids 4 or under ate free and 5-11 ate at half price. Adults were priced at £13.99. 
Half way through the meal, Gung Gung (my great Uncle) arrived! 
He was such a whizz on his smart phone, showing the kids pictures of themselves with paint on their faces. Soon he will be on facebook I bet!
The next day, David and I babysat all three of the kids. Luckily, Millie was fast asleep as soon as she got through the front door, and slept the whole 2.5 hours in my Mum's bed. Ollie and Georgie had many stories to tell David and I. 
Stories of poops in baths, and pooping in general for half an hour to how their Daddy pumps and mummy goes "oh god" to flying from Singapore how they were asleep, and woke when it was night, and then it was day time. I don't think they have grasped the concept of time zones yet. It was pretty cute listening to wee Ollie try and explain. It took very little to entertain them actually, a lot of it was talking, and drawing pictures. 
Playing wake up! David!
Ollie even had to show me how to build his transformer toy from the Kinder egg! Millie finally woe up, when AK came back, I think she could have slept the whole day. Pretty glad she didn't wake earlier, I have a feeling there might have been cries and shouts of mummy. Especially waking in a scary room like my mums! 

Anyways, they left and David and I had to get ready to see my step pop! I've not seen him since his Aberdeen trip. He took us out to a nice Indian meal in Ponteland. The restaurant was called Sampan. I'm not sure why they named it that, when Sampan is a Chinese style boat! Apparently everyone confuses it with the Chinese restaurant upstairs. We opted for their early bird deal. 5 courses for £7.95. Basically a starter, a main, a rice/naan, after eights and orange slices, tea/coffee. 
You could get any starter or mains from the menu, as long as it wasn't prawns which would incur a  surcharge. 
We had poppadoms £1 each. Nothing special really. 

I forge the name if this. It's chicken, wrapped in a chapatti. 

I also forgot this name, but it's exactly the same as a korma. It tasted the same anyways. I'm quite interested to taste their actual korma. The menu is pretty extensive, maybe they could cut it down if some dishes are like the other. 

The next day, David and I went to meet my AK and the three kids again. We took them on a walk along the quayside. The weather wasn't exactly great, it kept drizzling, but it was decent enough. 
There was a lot of spinning the kids, and shuggy boats! To the point where one of them was sick...oops!! She was okay in the end, I think there was a little too much spinning!
David (Uncle Dave as Ollie kept calling him) was the centre of the two girls attention. They were constantly wanting hugs and carries from him! It must be a man thing :]! Also yells of "Daddy" from the little one and trying to pronounce David which ended up as "de-dud" 

We went back to the apartment for lunch-yummy turkey mince? bolognese! yum yum! 
There was lots of I-Spy too, 
"Georgina: I spy with my little eye..something beginning with uhm TREE!" 
"Georgina: "I spy with my little eye something beginning with P"
"David: P? is it a.....PONY?" 
"Georgina: YES!"
"David: Where's the pony, I don't see a pony"
"Georgina: That's because it's imaginary!"

We also had a little bit of story reading. My story voice is awful! I swear the book had a few hard words in them! "Spaghetti with the Yeti"

The next day! My mum wanted to see them, so we all went and took the kids for lunch to Pitchers and Piano. 
The meals were HUGE! I didn't take photo's of all of them. The kids portions were the size of adult portions. It's hard keeping the little ones entertained when they're hungry, and service is slow.it took them about 45 mins before we even got any food. Millie was pretty fascinated with the crayons, she was quiet for a long time, trying to peel the wrapper from the crayon...very easily entertained!
David and I took all three back to the apartment while my AK and mum went to move the car! Nervous at first! Millie kept shouting mummy, until David picked her up..that seemed to cheer her up and all was forgotten. Then there were tantrums because Ollie was in the push chair, and it was "unfair" ... managed to defuse the problem. Then at the apartment we played tag! I've not played tag since helping with after school club. 
The two kids banged heads at one point, and I was really surprised at the little tears! There was a bit of "but it hurts" and almost tantrums. Ollie took time out and hid under his coat until he was ready to come back and play! Very impressed! I would have totally cried, it looked sore!

Anyways, pictures say much much much more than words do! Especially with my rambling! 
So I will leave you with some :)! 










And finally:

It was a wonderful 4 days! It went by too quick sadly! I miss them all already! 
It might be a year or longer before I get to see them all next :[! 

'till next time,

Comments

Popular Posts