The Garlic Farm: Tomato, Garlic and Ginger Chutney Review

Yet another foodie review :)! 
So, I spent a good 20 minutes deciding on a chutney to buy for my Cheese Nairn oatcakes the other day! The shop called Good Foods in Stornoway stocked a wide variety of jams and chutneys, so it was a long and difficult decision. I decided to give the tomato, garlic and ginger chutney a try. It's made by a company called The Garlic Farm on the Isle of Wight. 
You can visit the farm, they have a farm shop, restaurant, and you can even have a holiday on the farm! What a lovely idea! 
I love the packaging, the logo, the writing! It was one of the reasons which made me pick up the jar! I bought this for £3.90. I love my chutneys, so I don't mind spending up to a fiver on a jar of chutney!  

David may have eaten a spoonful before I managed to take a photo! Hence the "mess" The chutney has a watery texture, with chunky tomato pieces. 

Sadly, I didn't think it was that great, I couldn't taste the garlic for one, or even the ginger. The chutney was rather watery. I know it's a tomato based chutney, but I thought it would have had some hint of ginger and garlic! I like my chutney's to have a kick in flavour, and also with a bit of a bite. It seemed to make a bit of a sloppy mess on my oatcakes.

They do stock a banana chutney called the Cheeky Monkey, which I am definitely returning to buy and test out! Now what to have it with!? They suggest having it in a cottage cheese sandwich on the website! Can't wait to try it! 

2/5 hearts for this chutney I'm afraid. 


Comments

Popular Posts