Easy Lemon Chicken Recipe

I made Lemon Chicken tonight for mine and David's dinner. I watched my Aunty May cook this in her takeaway a few times. I find that decent restaurants will make this with real lemons, but most takeaways will use lemon cordial! I used the lemon cordial version, I will make it with real lemons next time round! 
I don't think any fakeaway will taste as good as a real chinese takeaway because of the MSG and salt which most takeaways add to their food. I also made some fried rice. 


Ingredients
For the chicken:
Chicken, cut into strips
3 tbsp Cornflour 
1 Egg
Oil for shallow frying

For the sauce:
100ml Lemon Cordial with about 100ml of water
2 tbsp Corn Flour (mixed with water)
Lemons, sliced (for garnish)

For the rice:
2 eggs Eggs
Handful of Peas
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
Rice
Pinch of Salt
two tbsp soy sauce

1.  Cut the chicken into strips/cubes..etc I used strips 
2. Dip in egg, and then coat in corn flour
3. Shallow fry until cooked
3. Heat the lemon cordial and add the cornflour a little at a time, stirring until it's thickened into a sauce
4. Make white rice like you normally would
5. Scramble some eggs and add the peas, then add the cooked rice
6. drizzle the sesame oil all over the rice, add the salt and soy sauce. Toss until coated. 

Popular Posts