Amicus Apple Review

Amicus Apple is kinda of like a bar, which serves food. I'm not sure what you call them. They are located on Frederick Street, Edinburgh. They also have one in Aberdeen! Check out their website at http://www.amicusapple.com. 
The decor inside was amazing. It's a little dark, especially during the day, but I guess a lot of these bars are. They've recently decorated the place, the bar was made out of pennies! And there was a wall with a massive plastic housing which had moss growing inside. Pretty neat. 
The staff were okay...to be honest they were a little hostile, but I think it was because they knew the person I was dining with. 


The menu is pretty neat! They also had a box on the table, kinda like a treasure chest, which had cutlery, and sauces etc.
We decided to go for a selection of small plates which were either £4 or £6. 

Soup! £4. I forget which soup, as it was a long time ago when I went here. It was good! I love the presentation. 

Scallops with black pudding! £6. They were good, I love black pudding! 

I forget what these are! They're not haggis as I originally thought they were. I think they were the breaded pork rilletes with heather honey piccalilli and Somerset cider puree. £6

Wild mushroom fricassee with tarragon and chardonnay sauce on toasted brioche. £6 

Locally sourced baby back ribs, Amicus house glaze and lemon crème fraiche coleslaw
£6. These were amazing! 


And lastly, Warm salted caramel brownie with chocolate 
sauce and ice cream. Which was £5.50. This was heaven! I wish I wasn't so full! 

Amicus Apple is great for a spot of lunch...I love these type of lunches! So if you're in Edinburgh, pop in! 

Kells

Overall 4/5 hearts

Popular Posts