Future

The future is never set in stone, and neither are people's dreams. Recently, the past month or so, I've lost the passion for marine biology. It may have been because of the rejection from a PhD I really wanted. Yes. I think that is it. I'm not good enough for a PhD, or a marine job. I never will be. I'm passionate yes, but I'm too nervous and muck up interviews and just general communication. 

So the plans may need a wee bit of a jiggy for my future life. Of course I'll still be applying for marine jobs, etc. But I think it's time to find a full time job (any!) with normal hours. I'm basically on full time hours now, but terrible hours. I love the zoo. I'm probably the only person there who likes working there. I may complain but people usually do. But I do like working for them. But! The hours. Oh my. I'm on the events team, so I usually have shifts from 3pm till close...which is usually 1.30pm. However recent events, I didn't leave until 4 in the morning which is not what I want. 

I'm pretty happy about my life right now. I don't regret doing an MSc at all. I've learnt so much from the course than I didn't know in my undergrad. Possibly 80% new stuff! I know what my passion is now when it comes to marine biology, and that's conserving seas. Especially Scotland (I love Scotland!!!). 

Rather random blog post.

Ciao. 

Kelly K

Popular Posts