Pho's Vietnam House

Restaurant: Pho's Vietnam House
Address: Grove Street, Edinburgh
Opening Hours: Tues-Fri: 12-2 and 5-10, Mon and Saturday: 5-10, Sunday Closed
Price Range: £10-15
Overall rating (Out of 10): 8
BYOB

So this was the second time I've been to this restaurant. The first time I visited, the restaurant was very small, however they seemed to have redecorated the place and bought the building next door. It's still a small restaurant and the toilet is still through the kitchen! I guess it's hard to change the location of the toilet. 
The first time I ate here, I didn't like the food, the dish I chose back then was really salty and it wasn't to my taste. 

I ordered a starter and a main. I was too full to even order a dessert. 
For starters I ordered the veggie garden rolls, which were served with a peanutty dip. The rolls were filled with glass noodles, veggies and tofu. These were £6.50 for four rolls! Very expensive considering they are a veggie option too! I bought these to share with my friend. Even then, £3.25 for two rolls is hefty on the pocket! Considering mains are around £7. 

For main I ordered the noodle soup. They call it Pho Chay which was veggie. It was so good! This was £7.50. The same price as the ones filled with meat. 


It was tasty I must say. Better than my last visit to this place. I do think their food pricing is weird. Like, £6.50 for a starter when the main i got was £7.50...Just one pound more? Also, the toilet, the first time I went the restaurant was smaller. This time they've expanded and I expected them to move the toilet so that you don't have to walk through the kitchen. 

Anyways, it was a good experience. 
I'd come here again.

Cheerio

Kells

Popular Posts