Colours and Promises

It's almost Christmas!
Not exactly sure where the time has gone, it was only feels like yesterday when I decided to start an MSc course. Probably the best decision I've ever made. Although, I have no idea where it will get me later in life. Hopefully something I enjoy! The first set of exams are over, and I honestly have no idea what to do with the free time. Nothing ever pleases us students these days. Pretty sure I've passed 3 out of 4 exams, the first exam I'm not too sure about. For the first time ever, I ran out of time!! Pretty much panicked straight after. Hopefully I'll be able to scrape a pass otherwise I won't be doing my MSc project till 2014. Fingers crossed I s'pose. 

So, Christmas is in 3 days! I'm not too excited. Maybe because I'm working that day. First time! I would have been home for Christmas, but work needed some people to stay and I pretty much have a lack of pennies right now to miss a week of work. Working 7 hours on Christmas. The Zoo only closes when there's severe weather as it's a charity, and apparently people go! I'll be working the function thankfully. People go to the zoo for Christmas dinner and an after party type thing. £60 a head...not too shabby when a glass of bubbly, three course dinner, tea/coffee, mince pies and a "disco" is included. Pretty shan on us staff though, kinda like we're peasants ;].

Went shopping today, and bought myself a cute wee gift. Step dad sent me money for Christmas since I won't be home so I thought, why not :). I was s'pose to be buying Christmas gifts for people. But it was kind of a me day since it was chuckin' it with rain and I got sent home early from work. 
A little four leaf clover pendant for luck :]. There was a little sale in Debenhams, so I thought "why not?". I like simple jewelry. I really wanted to buy a new purse today, but none took my fancy. Usually Ness has a few that I like, but not this time sadly. 

I'm looking forward to January now! Starting my year with diving! Going to have my drysuit induction in a quarry. Pretty neato! Then following that on random weekends, going to be doing my PADI advanced and PADI rescue! Hopefully things will fall into plan and I'll be a wee bit more qualified. Although I need to dive quite a lot to gain dive master...at least 50! Yikes! Apparently, on your 100th dive, you have to dive naked...not really sure that'd be fun in cold seas of the UK! Bahamas maybe ;]. 

A big list of MSc projects has been released, and I have no idea what I want to do. I'm interested in nearly all of them. I like the nanotox side but also really like the stuff to do with MPAs and biogenic structures. Which will be pretty neat if I have the diving qualifications. Oh and I quite like corals and bryozoans. I am so bad at making decisions. I'm also so bad at speaking to people about projects 'cause I have no idea what to ask or talk about. Too shy and the likes. Oh deary me.

I guess that's it for now, it's taken me about 3 hours to write this blog post. Mainly because I'm distracted by The Avengers. Loki is a pretty awesome bad guy :] I love Loki! And almost just peed myself laughing! So funny when Stark falls back to Earth and the Hulk catches him...and they think he's dead, then the Hulk growls and and scares him awake :]! Oh I love Marvel :]!

Cheerio, have a lovely Christmas :]! Have some sprouts for me!

Kells

Comments

Popular Posts