Back :)

Yo!
It's been such a long time since I updated this blog! A lot has happened since February! I can't believe we're almost half way through 2012! The last time I updated, I was just starting my honours project. I spent most of my days and hours in the lab. I never thought I would be able to write 10,000 words but I did, and managed to finish it on time despite being in the lab until the very last minute!

I changed jobs in March.  I am now working for Edinburgh Zoo, well the Compass Group/Levy! I love it there, the people are awesome. I've learnt many skills, favourite is coffee making =D! I get put in kiosks too, which are alright, but busy during hot weather! Hoping to work a lot more hours in the summer. I'm also with a recruitment agency called Linton Recruitment. I'm tempted to leave them, I'm always working when they need me anyways. I did do three events this week though. One of them involved me wearing a bow tie! It was super cool, never worn one before, and yes I know, getting excited over a bow tie is weird! I was waitressing at a banquette for Heriot-Watt students. Did over 48 hours this week! Absolutely knackered! 

So, I've been asked about my future quite a lot. I didn't know what I wanted to do, but I now do. I volunteered at the World Fisheries Congress, which was held in Edinburgh. It was an absolute privilege to volunteer. I met a lot of professionals and also saw Prince Charles speak! It was an amazing opportunity. I've been researching, and  decided I want to do my masters at Heriot Watt University. I applied to Napier, but realised that the course is not what I want to do. It's too land based. I took a visit to Heriot-Watt where Dr Mark Hartl showed me around. Gotta say, the university is much better than Napier, I wish I applied for my undergrad! Anyways, so I applied to the Marine Biodiversity and Biotechnology course! Waiting on a reply, and an offer now! :)! Looking forward to the Ecotoxicology module. 

Okay, this is enough for tonight. I have loads more to tell, but I've told the important stuff...till next time.

Kelly

Comments

Popular Posts