One of those emotional nights...

So I've just watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy, and this quote comes up 

"Deep down, everyone wants to believe they can be hard core. But being hard core isn't just about being tough. It's about acceptance. Sometimes you have to give yourself permission to not be hard core for once. You don't have to be tough every minute of every day. It's okay to let down your guard. In fact there are moments when it's the best thing you can possibly do... as long as you choose your moments wisely."

I remember being told once by a lovely girl, to never let your guard down, because it leads to you getting hurt, and ever since then I've been keeping my guard up. I've let my guard down for a few people and they should know who they are. Those are the people I trust the most. I let my guard down once, to someone who I thought I could trust, but ended up getting hurt. Of course, that was my fault. It always is. 

I think I'm going to give it another go. Letting my guard down. Stop fighting things. Saying I don't like things when I do because I don't want that to let that person in to my life and feelings. Letting someone get to know me the way I am is in my eyes "letting my guard down". 

Not really sure what I'm wanting to say. My brain is thinking. But it's not really knowing what I want to say. 

Lets just hope I've just made the right decision. 

Comments

Popular Posts