Etude House Play 101 Contour Stick (01)



This stick is in the shade 01. The lightest of them all. It'll go well with my super light foundation, I guess (Cushions and foundations only come in two shades here, or at least places like Olive Young only stock two shades. They're either light or light...you get my drift. Koreans love to wear make up that's too light, to give them that pale look, personally I think that it's way too light for me, but I have no other options apart from spending a fortune, getting it shipped over.

The colours come in one stick, which is nothing new as a lot of brands do this now. It's nice being able to purchase the colours as a package rather than separately. There doesn't seem to be a lot of product though, the sticks are really thin and look like they would be used up pretty quickly. 


Here's the swatch test. The highlighter is super white. Yikes! It's definitely much, much, much lighter than my skin tone. These sticks should be great on Asian skin as they are their 1st market. But, I have much darker skin than most Korean's so it could be way too light. I'd rather have a natural contour, than an over dramatic one. 

So, to use, apply it how you would normally contour, or follow the Etude House guide: 

Use a beauty brush, or a blender to blend it in. I'm a novice at contouring, so I guess this is a neat test to see if it's an easy product to work with. Please don't laugh, and if you have tips, please shoot them my way!!!! 


Here I am outside, trying so hard not to laugh. I don't usually ask my fiancé to take my photos, but the lighting was pretty good, and the selfie mode on my phone really sucks!
You can't really see the contour in this picture, but I thought it looked good at the time.


This was the full blown laugh. It's not really fair when you have a fiancé making jokes and stuff. Not taking things seriously, obviously.

So, as a first time contourer, this product was OK. Just OK because the colour didn't really show up well on my skin. Probably because I didn't put enough colour on my face, as I was too scared of looking like a clown. It's not bad for a first timer, it's easy to use as there are instructions on the back of the box. For 8000W (£5.50), it wasn't bad, however there really isn't a lot of product in the stick! If you use every day, it wouldn't last long!

Happy Blogging,

Kelly

Comments

  1. Love your laugh! :)
    And yeah, Korean highlighters are either super white or very sheer, so I don't use them all that often... But I think your base makeup looks nice! Definitely not like a clown haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a shame! The make up here definitely doesn't suit me!

      Delete
  2. Ah what lovely photos! The products look interesting too, especially that contour and highlighter xx

    LoneTeenTraveller | Travel Fashion Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Etude House brand, they have some amazing products.

      Delete
  3. You look so cute!!! And I've never contoured because I'm super afraid of looking clownish, but you just look cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm still afraid to put too much on, I'm not really sure how it's supposed to look!

      Delete
  4. You look really cute! I've never contoured because most contours look orange on my skin >< Maybe I'll try this stick one day but it seems like it won't suit me (except for the highlighter, it can work out as a concealer for me lol😂)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's the total opposite for me! My friends at home find make up too orange based for them. I find the ones in Korea too white >-<!

      Delete
  5. Amazing product! Thanks for the review:)

    irinathayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a big fan of contour sticks, mostly they are chunky and too dark for me. Loved the picture with your laugh, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute pictures! I have never tried contouring so can't say too much about it. I would probably look like a clown if I'd try... Have a great new week :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe one day there would be a great tutorial. I'd love together my face professionally contoured, to see what it should really look like!

      Delete
  8. Somehow my last comment didn’t go through on this. Sounds like a great product. You have such a great skin! 😊 Also the pictures are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you couldn’t help but laugh! I’d be quite disappointed with the stick if there wasn’t much product for the price, but I’m really interested in tying it as I’ve only ever used powder contour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for some reason my fiancé doesn't take things very seriously!! I've never used powdered contour, I think I'll give it a go next ^^

      Delete
  10. Your skin looks so smooth after applying the contour stick, it suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never tried cream contour, I've only ever used powder but it never seems to look right. I normally really like Etude House's products so perhaps I should just give it a go!

    http://charlotteandcate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used powdered! I think it'll be my next product to try!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts