Vietnam Day 4, Riding Around Hoi An

Woo, the last Vietnam post! There were only four days, but it felt like it took ages to write the posts, as well as edit the vlogs. It does take time running both platforms, however I am still having fun doing both. That's the important part.
So, Day 4 the last day involved renting bikes and riding around HoiAn. We rode for hours, and the sun was beaming. Typical, on our last day! We didn't have any sunscreen as we didn't think it was going to be that sunny. The last day was the best day I thought. We got to see and do so much stuff.
At breakfast, I had my last breakfast bahn mi (Vietnamese sandwich) and also said goodbye to the awesome villa we stayed at. We arranged a shuttle car to the airport, so we were able to rent bikes, and return them to the hotel before we got the shuttle.


The highlight of my day was riding the coconut boats! Have you heard of them? They're a huge tourist attraction, and most people go via a tour group. David and I stumbled upon it by mistake. Well, some guy stopped us and told us he had coconut boats and that he was a private company. We said no to start, but as we were riding, we saw him outside his house. I was really skeptical, but we parked our bikes and did it anyways. It was only 200VND for an hour in the boat. The guy was so nice and was very hospitable!


On the ride, the guy made us an animal bamboo ring. It was so cool, I wasn't allowed to take it home due to it being vegetation from another country. Actually, I don't know if I was allowed or not, I just didn't risk doing so, as there was extra security on the Korean side due to the olympics.
The ride on the coconut boat was awesome and so peaceful. If you ever get to go to Vietnam, definitely ride the coconuts!


After the ride, we rode towards the beach but it really wasn't for us. I'm not a fan of sun bathing, and there were so many people doing so. I do like it, but not when I'm wanting to see the sites! On the way round Hoi An, we came across some water buffalo. They were so cool, I love these animals. Some farmers let us ride one (I know it's cruel...but...) for a couple of bucks. Some English dude warned us about them asking for money. Of course they would, it's their buffalo and they even took his picture for him! I mean, they didn't ask for a lot. It was 100,000 VND which is about £3! The guy only gave them 10VND which is less than a penny!! Anyways, we only gave them 50,000VND in the end, as  it wasn't worth the 100,000VND! 50,000VND is about £3.




















Most of the time was spent chilling in coffee shops until we had to leave for the airport. Vietjet wasn't as crazy this time round and we managed to chill in duty free for a while. Our plane was still delayed though due to the late check ins.

Vietnam was the BEST place I have been to. I really loved it and I have severe Vietnam-sickness!!! I usually have severe travel anxiety, but I didn't get it in Hoi An. Mostly due to all the British folk and that everyone was so friendly, and the private taxi's to places. 

I hope you enjoyed my Vietnam posts. I will post another one reviewing the hotel and maybe the top things to do in Da Nang and Hoi An.





'till next time,

Kelly

Comments

  1. I hope I have a chance to see Vietnam one day. I have never been to Asia so it's like a completely new world to me in so many ways. Your pictures are breathtakingly beautiful and I love reading your stories. Now I really want to travel :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do too! Vietnam was by far the best place :)!

      Delete
  2. I had never seriously considered visiting Vietnam before but after reading your series it's definitely on my agenda now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will miss your posts about Vietnam, they're amazing! That bamboo ring is so cute. I really really want to visit Vietnam one day

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you enjoyed yourself which is great! I'd love to visit Vietnam one day

    Ashleigh | http://ashleighwrites.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an awesome time, I hope you get to go one day!

      Delete
  5. It looks like you had an amazing time in Vietnam! I really want to visit now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That looked amazing! It sounds like you have had an incredible experience and I’m super jealous of it! That grass ring looked exactly like an insect what s talent to have and the idea of riding the coconuts sounds incredible too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame that you didn't have sunscreen but great that you got good weather on your last day. I love the idea of coconut boats x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. another great post! Glad you had a nice time.
    Do you speak the Vietnamese language? I'm guessing that would make travelling there much easier.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts