From Home to the Airport (Vietnam)

I went to Vietnam, HoiAn! I've always wanted to go to Vietnam and I finally got my chance to go. I was very lucky, because my job gave us 3 days winter vacation and also it was the Korean New year, So we got 5 days in total, plus the weekend on either side! Awesome! However, on the day if the flight, I really wasn't looking forward to it, I was feeling very down, and just had no energy to be excited. Luckily, my city just built a train line to the airport for the Olympics! I got the train to the airport and stayed at the airport until my flight. The train was really cool, it was faster and more comfortable than the bus. The only problem were the tunnels, they constantly made my ears pop and it really hurt.


Check in was a nightmare, Vietjet are an awful company, there seems to be no order. So, there were 4 flights all leaving within 15 minutes of each other. My flight was the first one at 6:15. Check in opened at 4am, for my flight, BUT they decided to open up check in for the other 3 flights, too. There was no order, so you basically joined the huge queue and went to any counter. All the people in the queue had about 5 boxes each to check in, so it took ages. Once we were 4th in the line, the lady asked to check our ticket, and she told us we were in the wrong line as they changed it 30 minutes earlier. Like what!? I was raging mad by then, and it made me even worse. She didn't tell anyone further up the queue, and assumed we would now to join a different line. Anyways, it wasn't just us, other people didn't know either and again we had to join the back of the line, which again took forever. Luckily, at the front of the queue, they changed the flight times, due to the long wait for check in. 
Security wasn't great either mind you, it took about an hour to get through due to the mass amount of people going at the same time for the four flights. There was also extra security and checks because of the Pyeongchang Olympics. 


One thing I noticed was this sign, I have no idea who did their translations, but it was obviously done badly. I mean, there's nothing wrong with the grammar or using the word "beef up", but it's an airport. Surely, wording should be professional? It made me giggle anyways. 

Once through security, we had to get a train to get to the concourse. It didn't take long, and we had about 45 minutes until boarding time. There was no time to get a snack, or anything like that. I was so tired by this point. David and I also weren't assigned seats next to each other either. I wasn't happy, because the first three rows of the plane were empty. Surely, we should have been allocated seats together. I'm a bad flyer, so I didn't like this, luckily I was so tired that I slept all the way through take off and well 90% of the whole flight. I only woke up because my ears popped and they hurt really bad. 

The flight was about 5 hours long, but it wasn't too unpleasant. Getting into Vietnam was a breeze, just an immigration check and nothing more. It didn't take too long either, it would usually take about 30mins-1hr to get through Korean immigration. 

We had a driver pick us up from the hotel (yay), and it was pretty cheap at $16 for the two of us. The hotel was in HoiAn, so it was about an hour away from Danang Airport. It was such a breeze and or the first time, I didn't feel any travel anxiety.



Once at the hotel, the staff made us feel so welcome. We stayed at the Windbell Villa, in HoiAn. It had a pool and the room, oh my gosh the room was lovely. It was huge, with a huge bed and the bathroom was pretty nice too. I will do a separate review of Windbell Villa in due course. 

For now, this will do as my post. I hope you enjoyed the read, I usually write these kind of posts for my own benefit in the future, but if you read it too, please let me know. 

Stay tuned for more Vietnam posts! I'd love to share my story with you and my pictures,




Kelly 

Comments

  1. I’m so jealous that you got to go to Vietnam, I really want to go! It’s a shame your airport experience was so stressful, hopefully they learn from their mistakes!

    Suffering Wanderlust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horrible airline but Vietnam made up for it :)!

      Delete
  2. Lol “beefed” up security. Wow. I think it’s cool you got to go to Vietnam. I have never been on a train so that sounds pretty cool too! I would love to get on one and feel like Angelina Jolie from “The Tourist”. Great post! your experience was a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the whole beefed up made me laugh so hard! You’ve never been on a train, whaaaat?

      Delete
  3. There is nothing worse than a badly organised airport but I'm glad you enjoyed your time i need to watch your vlogs will do it when the kids are at school so it's quiet.


    www.beautyreviewsandbargains.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most airlines are great but Vietjet were sooooo bad.

      Delete
  4. Did you start the vlog in your bathroom? 😂 No shade I love your vlogs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg even just reading about your experience at the airport makes me feel stressed out! :'D
    Looking forward to your Vietnam posts, as it's high up on my travel wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely hate stress. And it really made me stressed lol!

      Delete
  6. Haha wrong translations always crack me up. I hate airports, thanks for helping me remember why. haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah so funny! It was translated well apart from the professional aspect 😂

      Delete
  7. Nice to see that you enjoyed your time in Vietnam! I don't think I've been to Hoi An and it's one of my goals to see more of the tourist spots in Vietnam as I like visiting my family but haven't actually been around as a tourist very much!
    X

    www.twentyswans.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Vietnam and so can’t wait to explore the rest of it!!

      Delete
  8. Always wanted to visit Vietnam as I have seen so many wonderful photos about it. Do share more photos if you can, I would love to know more about the places, food and the hotel itself as it looks really nice, especially the pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my photos are on flickr if you’re interested haha! I don’t like overloading my posts.

      Delete
  9. Wow, the part in the Korean airport seems like a nightmare! Glad everything else went smoothly! Love your vlog xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your airport experience was awful but I'm glad everything else went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts