Night Time Beauty Routine

I'm pretty new with all this beauty blogger stuff that I have been doing. I've always wanted to be a beauty blogger, but I'm pretty embarrassed when it comes to my beauty routines. Usually, I don't wear much makeup, and I would only wash my face and moisturise. However, since moving to Korea (I mention this a lot as it's a big factor in the change), I started to become more aware of beauty products. There are so many beauty stores here, and they sell so many cool things. Therefore, it has influenced me into blogging more about the products they have here. Recently, I've started putting on makeup, learning from other beauty bloggers how to do it. One of my favourite things are sheet face masks, I love using them. So, here's my nightly routine, of course it changes with different products I like to try but, this is what I do most evenings.


As soon as I get home from work (2pm-9pm), I use an oil based eye and lip remover to get rid of the makeup I use. Currently, I'm using the Point Deep Clean Lip and Eye Remover. I actually use this all over my face, as I am yet to buy myself cleansing water or oil. It's quite a nice remover, as it's not too harsh and it melts away all the waterproof stuff pretty quickly.


After the oil cleanse, I wash my face with my daily face wash. It changes whenever I run out, usually I use a salicylic acid based wash, as I have trouble with breakouts. Sometimes, I use a charcoal face wash to help with the blackheads. Currently, I am using the Cosrx Salicylic Acid Gentle Cleaner.


Depending on the day, I would exfoliate my face with the RiRe All Kill Blackhead Remover Stick. It's a light exfoliator with little pieces of rice and sesame seeds, and I can concentrate on the troubled areas rather than my whole face.


Every other day, I use a lip scrub. My favourite scrub at the moment is the By Flower Lip Scrub from Nature Republic. It scrubs my lips really well, and has tiny pieces of walnut in it.


Next, I use a cleansing pad, similar to those sold by Clearasil. I've used Stridex which works well, and helps keep acne and other skin problems under control. These contain salicylic acid too, and they worked so well! On my recent trip to repurchase, the lady advised on a different brand, the Olive Young Jeju Deep Sparkling Water Cleansing Pads. There's no salicylic acid in it, but other acne fighting ingredients. It's pretty good, there is a bumpy side and a smooth side, so it helps to exfoliate gently, cleansing out the pores to help stop spots from forming.


I wait a few minutes until my face dries, then I use the Proactiv Revitalising Toner. It's alcohol free, and helps with unclogging pores, removing oil and dead skin cells. It also helps to balance the skin's natural oils and moisturises.


I follow up with the Proactive Advanced Daily Oil Control, which again contains Salicylic Acid too. 


Now my face is pretty dry with all the acne fighting products! I usually use a face mask. Normally, I don't use it every day, but since it's almost winter and the weather is chilly, I've starting doing it daily. Each mask has different properties, and I can definitely say that it has helped with moisturising my skin! My face is beginning to feel smoother, and I am noticing a lot less breakouts and also the redness has reduced significantly.


Once the sheet mask has absorbed into my face, the next step in my routine is an ampoule. I never used this back home, but as I'm in Korea, I've started to become more accustomed to adding more layers onto my face before bed. Ampoules help to rejuvenate the skin and also helps with firmness. 


After all these layers, I use a light emulsion to "seal" in all the goodness. Right now, my moisturiser is the Nature Republic Bee Venom Emulsion.  I think emulsions are the same as moisturisers. This product also helps with acne prone skin!

There are a few the products I use here and there, for example the Shrek Magic Peel Off Rubber Mask and nose strips to get rid of the blackheads. The only thing I need to add to my routine is an eye cream. If you know of a decent brand, please hit me up!

Happy Blogging!

Kelly

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your routine Kelly! I have kept my skincare routine as simple as possible over the years but I'm always open to suggestions so it was great to hear what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think simple is better. It's definitely a chore sometimes having to layer all of these products on my face!

      Delete
  2. Wow this is a pretty thorough night time routine! Mine consists of washing my face and putting cream on, i really need to step up my game haha.

    EscapesAndEpiphanies | Travel Fashion Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely easier having a small routine! I often get bored of doing this routine, but I enjoy using all the different products.

      Delete
  3. I like all night time beauty routines because that's when I usually have time and energy to do something. I wish I had as many products as you have though! Your skin looks flawless (previous post) so all the effort you put into routines has to work :)!

    www.goodpiecesinlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha wow, that’s some routine! It’s great that you take such good care of your skin. I should really do more of that. I usually just wash my face and go to sleep. 🙈 Sometimes when I’m really lazy I don’t even do that... I don’t wear makeup on my skin (just some mascara and sometimes lipstick), so I always thought I could get away with it. I should start a routine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are definitely days when I just can't be bothered!

      Delete
  5. I didn’t know you could get blackhead removal sticks, it sounds so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's cool :] It's small enough to get around the nose.

      Delete
  6. I love reading posts about skincare! I love doing skincare routine which consists of many steps because I find it oddly satisfying. Also I really want to try blackhead remover stick you mentioned, never seen anything like that before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the blackhead remover stick is pretty cool, it's not a bad stick, but doesn't do what it says on the box haha!

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh I use those same masks, but the strawberry and coconut versions. Do you find proactiv to be effective? I've heard once you stop using it the acne comes back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Proactiv is good when I have access to the products, but spots do come back when you don't use them, like a lot of products.

      Delete
  8. Your beauty routine puts mine to shame! I only use a salicyclic based cleanser and aloe vera gel as my moisturiser! I also wear makeup frequently so I use a make up wipe and micellar water. I have a stack of sheet masks that I haven't gotten the chance to use so I should probably start using them!

    Stephanie
    www.stephanievivienne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a bit bored using sheet masks. I have too many!!

      Delete
  9. I love sheet masks too! Thanks for sharing your routine. I also take off makeup first with an eye/lip makeup remover. I also must use a lip scrub afterwards (I do this every day though) because I wear a lip cream every day, and they tend to cause my lips to dry out and form dead skin with makeup gunk over top. (I know that sounds so gross. It feels gross too. Just a downfall to wearing pretty matte lip colors). Then I cleanse, use toner, put on a serum, and then moisturizer. Somehow I pretty much never get blackheads, even though they seem to be a common problem. However, I do suffer from getting whiteheads a lot, which I find to be worse. I usually tab some tea tree oil on those and it dries them up quicker.

    http://surrealistique.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice article that you have shared here about your night time beauty routine. These products are the best for the skin care. I would like to thanks for sharing this interesting article here. Overstock Cosmetics For Sale

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts