Etude House Play 101 (00 Stick Primer)


Super late to the bandwagon, but hey, I'm new to beauty blogging so I'm allowed. Etude House released their Play 101 sticks about a year and a half ago, I saw it in the store and thought "hey, I need a new primer". Actually, I don't usually use primer, I hate the feeling of it on my face. I've used a few brands before and they have always made my face feel oily or sticky. 

Ingredients


There's 7g worth of product in this stick, and it's pretty handy for traveling. Most primers I've used have been in tubes and are easy to carry around too, but the stick form is less messy and you don't need to squeeze it onto your fingers to apply. 

The stick is pretty cute, and I really love the packaging. I love all of Etude House's packaging. There's something really appealing about them. So, the primer states that it provides a natural matte, smooth finish by controlling oil on the skin. The box says that it gives a refreshing feeling of nourishment and a natural smooth finish (in Korean). 

How to use


I'm not sure if you're supposed to put it all over your face, or like this diagram. I assume that you have blend it around your face. 

Results
Left: With Primer Right: Without Primer

I'm not a fan of this Play 101 stick! First, it reminds me of glue. I know they can't help it with the colouring, but it also has a pretty strong smell. It felt a bit sticky when gliding on, too. However, it made my skin feel smooth and it had a light matte feeling. I put the primer on my arm, and applied foundation and also a pink eye shadow. With the primer, I felt that the foundation stuck faster, and it was a bit harder to blend as it felt a little tacky. I didn't notice a difference with how long my makeup stayed, but I did notice how oily my skin got at the end of the day.

It's a pretty nice design, I like the idea of a primer in a stick, but I'm not sure if it's any better than the other primers out there on the market. 

Happy Beauty Blogging!

Kelly

Comments

  1. It’s great that you do honest reviews! I have really oily skin and I try to use not too much make up because of it, so glad to know that this isn’t the way to go either.

    Maud
    My Passion Projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always has to be honest. I don’t like giving people false home or just doing positive reviews. :)

      Delete
  2. Too bad you're not such a big fan... I have a bad skin and this primer sounds really horrible. Glad you're doing an honest review! I hope you didn't have any pimples because your skin felt so oily.. I use a primer from Catrice myself. It's CF and for me it works fine! :) I wonder if there are any good primersticks out there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was okay, I’ve had worse primer but it definitely smelled like glue and felt like I was spreading glue on my face. Maybe it was the humidity and heat which made it do that!

      Delete
  3. I love Etude House lip tints, but maybe their primer isn't for me. Happy to see a review on your blog, great photos Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Etude House (especially their lip products and glitter liners) but I never had a chance to try Play 101 sticks. Hope to try them though, especially this primer stick becuase that comparison photo looks pretty impressive. Great review, Kelly!

    Frertsu
    https://kirakiratsu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Etude house is definitely one of my favourite beauty stores. It probably works on skin which isn’t as oily as mine :)!

      Delete
  5. I’m with you on not liking primer! I never use it and can’t see myself doing so. Lovely post xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes seems to be an extra step which isn’t needed hahaha!

      Delete
  6. I like the idea of a stick primer, it would be really handy! It’s a shame this one didn’t live up to expectations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, such a shame unfortunately. Maybe other brands will be better, this one was cheap, so maybe that’s why!

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried a stick primer, I don't love the idea that it's like glue though... even on my oily skin!
    Helpless Whilst Drying

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love alot of k beauty stuff have never tried the primer before but my primer has been primarks i also quite like the soap and glory one . Hate oily ones too!

    www.beautyreviewsandbargains.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a big fan of primers either! I just hate the stickiness and feel that it makes my skin not able to breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your review as its so honest and straight forward, I dont use much make-up just lipstick but always like to learn about the new makeup things in the market

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never tried anything from Etude House, its a shame you are not really a fan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts