Blogmas, Day 14 The Perfect Winter Comfort Food

Since it's winter and the weather is getting ridiculously cold, I've decided to cook up a batch of my favourite comfort food; beef stew! I absolutely love stew!!! I love that you can put anything in it and it would always taste good.


I bought a slow cooker two years ago and I have only used it once to make pulled pork. So, it was the perfect opportunity to bring it out and slow cook a stew. 

Ingredients
400 g beef 
2 sticks of celery, diced
2 stalks of leek, diced 
2 onions, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
5 pieces of garlic, finally chopped
A handful of mushrooms, chopped
A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved 
1 tin of baked beans
A few leaves of cabbage, chopped
2 beef stock cubes mixed with 800ml of water (or enough to cover the ingredients)

Method

1. Prepare all of the vegetables as mentioned above. 
2. Throw it all into a slow cooker. 
3. Set the slow cooker on high for 8 hours. 

The thing about stew is that it is super easy. You can put anything you want in it! I didn't put any salt or pepper in, because I'm not a big fan of it. 

What's your favourite winter comfort food? 

Happy Blogmas,

Kelly 

Comments

  1. I love a good home cooked winter meal, it just makes me feel so content! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love slow cooker recipes! My mother got one a year ago for Christmas and she's made slow cooker everything. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stew being irish it's a winter staple and reminds me coming home from school freezing with the smell all over the house of hot cooking stew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve nevet attempted a stew before but I could practically smell yours just reading about it and now I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm vegetarian but maybe I could substitute the beef for something else!

    LoneTeenTraveller | Travel Fashion Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts