This is Me

Do you ever wonder what people think of you? I do all the time and it's something I can't stop. Most of the time it's because I end up acting like "myself" around others and regretting opening up and being me. I'm one of those people who think any bad post on social media is about me, even though I've not spoken to the person, or done anything for it to be me! It's just the way my brain works. I mean, yeah there are people who I don't like, and quite frankly don't want to hang around with.
I often think that these people who I don't like to hang around with, bad mouth me to others, and then those people judge me for not "being friends" with them. I do believe that if you don't like someone, simply don't hang around them. If only it was that simple...right? Wrong, especially when they're in the same circle as you. The best you can do is be nice, and if they're not nice back, then try and hold your tongue.
If they bad mouth you to others, and they judge you because of them, then that's their problem. If someone (or more than one person) said to me "hey, ??? is a bitch and blah blah this", I would never judge them until I've met them and spent time with them. People click with different people. Just because you don't like someone, doesn't me I will dislike them too. Just because I don't like someone, doesn't mean you will either. It's one reason I hate going to many social events. Maybe social media is to blame.

Anyways, I often get asked by people "what are you into?", "what things do you like, do for fun, etc". I never know what to say. I don't really know myself. Sometimes, I'm worried that I'd get judged for my honesty, or that they won't like what I say. I've had one person say to me "Oh come on, that's not everything you like is it?" and "That's not a hobby"...I mean yeah, it is. I'm pretty much a hermit.

I like blogging, and writing about nonsense. It might not conform with other bloggers because I blog about everything, and my blog is messy, but I enjoy it. It keeps me busy, and I like being busy.

I like watching TV, and random useless dramas. Yeah, I like things like Grey's Anatomy, Eastenders,  X Factor...and all that stuff.

I like reading. I may not read often, but I enjoy it when I find a book that like. I may not like things like 1984, Lord of the Rings or any of the Terry Prachet stuff, but I do like Harry Potter, Of Mice and Men, Hunger Games and the romantic style novels.

I like listening to music. Yeah, I don't know a lot of songs that most people "know" and often get dissed for it. I like The Spice Girls, Ed Sheeran and the Goblin (도깨비) sound track. Yeah, it's lame...but I like it.

I like just lazing around, and relaxing, whether it be lying in bed and flicking through Youtube videos to drinking coffee in coffee shops.

I like sleeping. Can I class sleeping a hobby? Sleeping is my favourite thing to do. I nap a lot. I have the time to nap, so why not?

I like to travel, but I hate traveling. Does that even make sense? I like the thought of visiting new places, exploring new cultures but the thought of culture shock or missing a plane makes me hate it. Getting to Korea was a big step for me. I've always wanted to live in a different country. I absolutely hated the process of moving. But, now I'm here, I dread the process of moving back!!!

My hobbies change often, and I don't tend to stick to one. One time, I was really into my candle making. That's now ceased, and I don't like it anymore. Another time, I was into my colouring book, but that too has ceased. I was also into running a year ago, but that has ended. I was also into studying Korean, which I still do from time to time. It's okay to change hobbies and interests right?

I tend to do things other people are into, but that's because I don't really know what I want to do at that time. I mean, if I suggested what I really wanted to do, then people would say no anyways. I'm a follower and I like that. If I don't want to do something, then I don't go. But, that leads to the first point I made at the start of this post.

I don't really know what the point of this post is. But, I felt like sharing my current feelings and thoughts. So yeah, this is me. I change my mind a lot, I worry, I get annoyed and I tend to keep myself to myself. The main thing is, I'm happy.


Comments

  1. Happiness is a way of living and not a destination. It sounds like you have got it right, by just being you and not ‘liking things just because everyone else does’. It takes most of our lives to truly learn about ourselves and you have lots of time. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m the exact same when people ask me what I’m into...I don’t have any regular hobbies! As long as you’re happy that’s the most important thing though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you’re happy with your life and you know what you like and don’t like. Don’t let anybody ever convince you that what you like isn’t okay or good enough. You’re doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great that you are open to try new things! Maybe it wasn't for you but at least you tried. It's better to try things than do nothing. You're awesome just the way you are :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are taking the first step at being yourself by sharing all about you here, which is so important. Keep doing it and you will be cherished for who you are x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see myself in every single word. For a long time I was insecure and thought that I may say or do something for which people will judge me. But now I realize that I am who I am and screw those who don't like me.
    I loved reading your post, Kelly ❤

    Frertsu
    https://kirakiratsu.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should never feel bad for things that you like, no matter if it's hobbies, music, books - just enjoy them! :)
    Oh, and that traveling love/hate. I love discovering new places, but I hate the back-and-forth from Korea to Europe nearly each year for the last six years. Long plane rides are a pain and so stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should never feel bad for being you. Though I totally understand where you're coming from! I sometimes have the same. This post is speaking to me on many levels, I see myself in every word you typed. Always afraid that people judge me. But I'm learning to be me, and that's important! Thanks for posting this <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so real and raw but never think you should change who you are because someone 'won't like it' if they don't then it't their loss not yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts