Kimchi Pulled Pork


I've been wanting to make kimchi pulled pork for a very long time! I bought a slow cooker around Christmas time, and it's only now I've gotten around to making pulled pork. I know you can make it in the oven, but I like slow cookers. They're my friend, an oven is not. 

Ingredients
Pork join (I used Pork loin), trimmed of fat
Onion, diced
Leaks x 2 diced
Kimchi - As much a you want, I used about 100g 
Gochujang (Korean red pepper paste), 8 heaped tbsp
Oyster Sauce, 8 heaped tbsp
Soy Sauce, 4 tbsp
Honey, 1 tbsp
Cornflour mixed with water
1 tsp cumin
Salt
Pepper
4 cloves

Method
1. Trim as much fat off the meat as you can, rub with salt and pepper.
2. Cut the meat into sections and place in the slow cooker.
3. Add the onions, leaks, cumin, cloves and kimchi, mix through with your hands.
4. Put in half the gochujang, half oyster sauce, half soy sauce, mix well. 
5. Set the slow cooker on slow and cook for around 8-9 hours. 
6. Drain the meat using a sieve. Keep about 1/4 of the liquid and  the veggies. 
7. Pull the meat then put the meat, veggies and 1/4 of the liquid back into the slow cooker. 
8. Add the rest of the gochhujang, oyster sauce, soy sauce. Also add in the honey and cornflour. 
9. Cook on high for 1 hour. 

Use the pulled pork as you wish! I would use it in a burrito, baked potato, or simply on top of rice. 

Delicious!

Enjoy!

Kelly

Comments

Popular Posts