Ekél Snake Ultra Hydrating Essence Mask [Review]

Face masks are so popular here, especially the sheet masks. Right now, the most common ones involve snake venom and snails. You heard me right! Snake venom! Scary huh? It scared me when I first saw it. We all know what snake venom does if you get bitten by a poisonous snake. Yeah, finito. That's why this mask intrigued me! 


The pack itself is pretty cool. I've seen a few snake venom masks on the shelves, and they all seem to have the black color tone. I'm not sure whether this has real snake venom in it, or if it has the peptides/chemicals the same as in snake venom. 
As you can see from the pack, it was only 500 won! So around (25p!!) Nuts. I bought it in Daiso. 

Daiso was originally a Japanese brand, but now is fully owned by a Korean company. So I think these masks are maybe Korean, even though it has Japanese on it. I have no idea though! There's both Japanese writing and Korean writing.  


The description of this product is as follows: 

'A nutritive & hydrating essence facial mask Formulated with nutrient-rich Snake Venom for anti-aging benefits Reduces the appearance of wrinkles & fine lines Rich in active ingredients to form a protective coat on skin & prevent moisture loss Leaves skin soft, smooth, moist, elastic & youthful looking To use: Apply to cleansed & toned face & leave on for 20-30 minutes. Remove & discard mask. Gently massage the remaining essence for absorption'

Ingredients:

Sadly I'm unsure what the ingredients are as it's all in Korean/Japanese 

Directions: 

Wash face and apply toner. Put on the mask for 15-20 minutes. Remove, and pat in the remaining essence. 



Here's inside the package, the usual white color mask, with essence. Not too much essence either! 
The mask itself is a little too big. It hung off the side of my face which I didn't like. It was a little heavy too. It felt like it was going to fall off my face. 


I kept the mask on for 30 minutes. From the moment I put on the mask, I felt my face tingle. It wasn't unpleasant. It tingled right until I took the mask off. I assume it was just the snake venom working. 
I took it off, and patted the essence into my face. It was a little sticky, but it did go away after a while. My face felt physically plump! It looked it too! Crazy! 
But it didn't last long. The next morning, my face felt normal, and it was back my usual face.

I don't think I'd buy this one again. It was very cheap at 500 won, it didn't smell and it did make my face firm up. However, it was too big, and the effects didn't last very long. I'd definitely try a different brand of snake mask though!

Keep an eye out for my give away. Once I reach 1000 followers on twitter, I'll be doing a Korean beauty give away. Details to follow.

Kelly

Comments

  1. Seeing your post has reminded me I have some face masks to try in my Glossybox deliveries 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Korea is so big for its beauty products and beauty industry so you are in the right track when it comes to trying and testing out new products. Keep sharing your new finds as we would like to know more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts