Panicking

Hello, 

So, I decided that having days off are not so great! I sit and think about the future, further panicking about jobs, and living. I honestly, have no idea what I am doing come the end of June. That is only a month and a week away! 

I have applied to numerous jobs, in relation to my degree, but I get rejection after rejection, or no reply at all. My partner doesn't know what he is doing either, and has only just started applying for a couple of teaching jobs. But it's a bit late, he might not get a response until mid June, or beginning of July. 

When people ask me, why haven't you got a job in science then? How am I supposed to answer? I'm not good enough for any job, that's why I don't have one, or keep getting rejections! Why can't people just be happy that I have a job, even if it is just a waitress. 

At the moment, my main goal is to have any job, to earn enough money to live off. It's not ideal, but it is the best that I can do. But people around me are getting decent graduate jobs, and I am stuck in a rut, not knowing what to do come the end of my lease, and my partners contract ending. 

Korea plans have fallen down the hole. I have applied to about 15 jobs, and NOT ONE has responded. I was really hoping Korea would work out, but I'm pretty sure that we are not getting replies because of me. I am Asian, and Hagwons don't like hiring Asians. That and we are looking for couple positions...even harder to place. 

Even if I do get to the interview stage, I ball them up due to being too nervous. What was the point in doing my degrees. I feel like I have wasted 5 years of my life.  

I am worried in case I am homeless by the end of June. I don't want to move back home. I want to be independent. 

Until I know what is happening, I can't settle. I keep having horrible thoughts about being out of pocket, and no where to live.

Comments

  1. Don't blame yourself for not being able to find a graduate job, it doesn't mean you aren't good, it's because the job market is god damn terrible right now. I've applied to over 60 jobs in the past week and I've only had 2 interviews. It's difficult and I feel for you; but keep applying and applying and I'm sure something will come along! All the best, Becca (liberalfemocrat.com / @leccaboose) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You're so so good at advice! I guess I should be thankful for what I do have!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts