Vegetable packed tomato sauce recipe

Hello! 
I recently made an amazing batch of tomato pasta sauce which was jam packed full of vegetables. I find it hard to eat enough vegetables in my diet, not because I don't like them, but mostly it's due to laziness. It was so easy to make! 


It could also be doubled up as a soup! It doesn't look tomato-like because I didn't add enough tomatoes. I will next time. 
This sauce made enough for 12 portions! It's easily freezable too. 

Ingredients
4 x tinned tomatoes
1 x butternut squash, grated
2 x courgettes, grated
A few mushrooms, chopped 
2 x carrots, grated
2 x onions, chopped
2 x celery sticks, grated
1 x leek, chopped
1 x oxo chicken stock cube, made up to 500ml
1tbsp oregano
2 x bay leaves
1tbsp oil

Method
1. Prepare all of your vegetables! 
2. Heat up the oil, and fry the onions, celery, mushrooms, leeks, carrots, courgettes, oregano, and bay leaves  for around 15 minutes on a low heat 

3. Add the grated butternut squash and tinned tomatoes, cook for about 30 minutes until everything is soft.

4. Add the 500ml of chicken stock and cook for a further 30 minutes. By this time, everything should be soft. 
5. Use a hand blitzer, blitz the entire pot until it becomes smooth. 

(You can remove the bay leaves, but I just left them in)

Serve with pasta! 

I served mine with pasta, and chicken! 


'till next time

Comments

Popular Posts