Beer Bread Recipe

Do you love bread? I sure do, I love anything bready! I was wanting to make my own bread, and came across a really easy recipe for making beer bread! Yes that's right, bread with a whole bottle of beer in it. It sounds a little bit disgusting, as beer is bitter, but I assure you, it's amazing. I practically ate half the loaf in one sitting! I guess you could also call this a beer cake, as it's almost the same recipe as a cake. 

Ingredients
3 1/2 cups of self raising flour (I don't know how to convert to grams, but it's three x 250ml)
3 tbsp caster sugar
1 large egg
1 bottle of beer/lager (340ml) I used Old Crafty Hen
2 tbsp butter (I didn't use) 

Method
1. Mix the sugar and the self raising flour together, then sift into a bowl

2. Whisk the egg, and pour into the mixture 

3. Add 340ml of beer into the mixture

4. Mix really well

5. Pour into an oiled bread pan, or an old takeaway carton! 

6. Bake at 180 degrees C for 50mins 
7. Melt the butter, and brush over the top of the bread
8. Put back in the oven for a further 10 minutes. 


So, this photo doesn't do the bread justice! I burnt the top! I accidentally set my oven too high, oops! I also had loads of mixture left, so made little beer bread balls. Safe to say the bread balls were gone in one night! Cough, David ate them, Cough. 

The butter at the end of the recipe, helps to brown the top of the loaf. As you can see, my bread loaf is misshaped, but that's due to my takeaway carton! If you want it to look professional, then use a proper bread pan! 

The bread is rather cakey, texture wise, however, it's still pretty good!

I hope you enjoy this recipe. I would definitely add less sugar next time as it was a bit sweet. 
You could taste the beer half way eating a slice! But the sugar was definitely overpowering! 

Please give this simple recipe a go! 

'till next time,

Comments

Popular Posts