Baking Saturday!

Happy Saturday folks!
So today I was in a baking mood, people who know me know that I'm pretty rubbish at baking! 
I decided to bake some cheese and ham muffins, with David. I took the recipe from the tesco recipe's website for children, so how hard could it be? 

It was actually fairly simple and tasted pretty good! Kind of like pizza smooshed into a ball. I also decided to bake some simple cupcakes (I always get these wrong!). They turned out well this time :). Thankfully!

Ham and Cheese Muffins
Ingredients (Makes 12): 
275g of Plain flour
1 tbsp of Baking Powder
1/2 tsp of salt
1tsp of caster sugar (I accidentally read it as tbsp, and it tasted fine!)
125g cheddar cheese, grated
125g of ham, chopped (I used co op's sandwich ham, the cheapy stuff)
7 sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
2 tbsp of chives (The recipe asks for fresh chives, I just used dried)
2 eggs
200 ml Semi skimmed milk
90 ml of oil

Method: 
Preheat the oven to 190ºC, 170ºC for fan assisted. 
Sift the plain flour and the baking powder into a large bowl
Mix in the sugar, the salt, 75g of the cheese, the ham, sundried tomatoes and chives. 

In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, milk and oil together. Pour into the dry ingredients until just combined. 

Divide the mixture into 12 muffin cases and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. 
Leave in the oven for 20-25 minutes. 

They were done in 25 minutes. I left it in for an extra five just incase. My baking skills aren't great so I wasn't sure whether our oven was goo enough ;). 

I ate it as soon as it came out. The muffin wrapper stuck to the muffin, possibly because they were still hot :) But still, you can see how tasty it is! 
I'd definitely add more sundried tomatoes next time. They gave it a lovely kick. It tasted pretty much like pizza!!

Vanilla Muffins!
Ingredients: 
220g self raising flour
220g caster sugar
220g of flora
Vanilla extract
3 eggs
2 tbsp milk

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180ºC

Cream the flora and sugar together until light and fluffy (Pale colour)

Whisk the eggs slightly, and add into the mixture a little at a time and mix. 
add in the vanilla extract, I added loads cos I love vanilla!
Sift in the flour and fold with a spoon
Add the 2 tbsp of milk so that the mixture becomes slightly runny
Divide into 12 muffin cases (half ingredients if using the smaller cupcake holders. 
Bake for around 15-20 minutes

That's my baking for today, I would make loads more, but sadly, out of stuff :)! 

Bon Appetite! 

Kells

Popular Posts