Vietnam, Day 1

My last post on Vietnam is here. Day 1 merges with my last post because I don't like my posts being too long. As I said previously, I didn't feel any travel anxiety when I first arrived in Vietnam. Usually, I panic a lot, and find it extremely stressful. The hotel/villa I stayed in arranged for airport pickup straight to the hotel, so David and I didn't need to wait around for a taxi or a bus. It was so smooth, the guy picked us up, and then an hour later, we were dropped off at the hotel.

On our first day, we hired bikes from the hotel for $15 each. It was the best way to get around and scout the place for the first day. There were options to rent scooters too, but we're both rookies and I would rather not attempt riding around a new city. Everyone in HoiAn rode scooters, there were more scooters than pedestrians sometimes. 


Sadly, the first day was rather dull and rainy. Bikes were not the best option, because we had to abandon the bikes to find shelter in a cafe. We explored the old town of HoiAn, but we didn't really stop anywhere as we just wanted to see where everything was. It was so beautiful, I fell in love with Vietnam straight away. 


The hotel I stayed at was about 15 minutes walk from the centre of HoiAn. It was hustle and bustling! There were so many people from market sellers, boat people and of course tourists. There were a lot of tourists, the place is a honey trap for people. I enjoyed it though and because of all the tourists, I felt at ease, because they were all having a good time. 


After a little time exploring the town at 3pmish, I decided that I was hungry. I realised that I hadn't eaten since 2am the night before when I ate a couple of bites of burger. It was starving, so we decided to eat at the hotel. They did home cooked food, so we thought they would be just as good as other places, also it was easier to pay them at the end of our trip. I had the pho, because I love pho! David had the Vietnamese pancakes. I have no idea what it's called in Vietnamese but it was amazing. His consisted of egg and meat. They also came with rice paper which you wrapped the pancake up with. 


After lunch, we chilled and showered then we both walked into the main town, it wasn't that far. The only problem was, as we were walking the street lights and all of the house lights switched off. As I walked down the street, I could hear karaoke, and all the other things but then suddenly, dead silence. Some guy decided to scare me as I was vlogging, it was so funny. I didn't know why they shut the lights off but now I do. 

Vietnam have scheduled power cuts and every Sunday at a certain time, they cut the power to a part of HoiAn. I think it's to save power as they run on hydro power. 

That night we mooched around the town, ate some dinner at a Vietnamese place. It's so hard choosing food when you are a food maniac! I wanted everything but I opted for the papaya salad, which was amazing. 

The first night was great, words can't describe how much I loved it, I hope my vlog does, but its just some b-rolls and a tiny bit of speaking. 


Stay tuned for my other Vietnam posts! 

Kelly 

Comments

  1. Hello there! I am planning a trip to Hoi An at the end of the year. Love to read about your experience there daily 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dawn!!
      I have some more blogs coming and also do a series of vlogs to go with it!! HoiAn is wonderful!!!

      Delete
  2. I have often thought of visiting Vietnam and hope I can see the place sometime. I'm not very adventurous with food but I would definitely want to try those pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food is good! It’s so flavoursome and delicious! Also healthy too!

      Delete
  3. I'd love to visit Vietnam! So close yet so far haha... the papaya salad is calling to me...
    Especially renting bikes and just cycling around town sounds lovely! And that's an interesting tidbit about the power outages, I never heard of that before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should go!! It’s so close to here and so cheap too! So many Koreans go haha!
      Yeah the power outtage was weird!
      The food there is so good and so many vegetarian and vegan options!

      Delete
  4. Vietnam looks so interesting! Especially the food! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a good time! Then turning off the power every so often is interesting to me. I’ve never heard of something like that before but I think the most interesting is those Vietnamese pancakes! They sounded VERY interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! The power cuts were strange! I was sooo scared 😂

      Delete
  6. Did you take the photo of that soup? It looks incredible! I love the glimpse you're giving into Vietnam and LOL at the guy scaring you as you vlogged

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me want to visit Vietnam and specifically HoiAn so badly! It looks amazing. It's a shame that the weather wasn't great at first, but I'm really glad you still had a good time. I can imagine you fell in love with the country!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a shame that the whether ruined your plans with the bikes. Your photos are so pretty, especially the one at night. Sounds like you had a lovely time x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been to Vietnam before so this has been a great insight! Thank you lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yum, that pho looks so delish! looks like you had a nice good holiday there and not too hot when they cut the power off x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly this is amazing! Loved your vlog here too which has reminded me to schedule your youtube into my day tomorrow. Vietnam's food looks amazing and it looks like such a gorgeous country. Have the best time we are all jealous ❤❤

    www.beautyreviewsandbargains.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your post made me want to go to Vietnam even more! Loved your vlog and the pics look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pancakes are called Bánh Xèo! I literally just had them for dinner, courtesy of my mom, so to be commenting about it now is a funny coincidence! I like to wrap them in large salad leaves and skip the rice paper altogether. The more salad, the healthier you can pretend to be as you gorge on many many pancakes!! LOL.
    X

    www.twentyswans.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment :)
Please leave your blog URL, so I can have a nosey at yours too!

Popular Posts